domenica 8 novembre 2015

Beetroot and Chocolate Cupcakes

Hey!
Today I'm back with a yummy post! It is gonna be a cupcake recipe, perfect for this time of the year!!
Let's start!
The recipe is the one of the Hummingbird bakery  cake days book.





You will need:
200 gr plain flour
50 gr cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
250 gr caster sugar
300 gr cooked and peeled beetroot
3 large eggs
200 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

For the frosting you will need:
600 gr icing sugar
100 gr unsalted butter
250 gr cream cheese


I started by preheating the oven to 180°C and then mixing all the dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and last the caster sugar.
Secondly, with a food processor I pureed the beetroot ( I bought the ones that are already cooked and peeled, I cannot be bothered to cook them) then added the oil and the vanilla essence.
Once smooth I added this mixture to the dry ingredients and combined everything together.
The last thing is to fill in the cupcake cases with the mixture and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.



Whilst the cupcakes were cooling I prepared the frosting.
I mixed the butter and the icing sugar together and then addes the cream cheese.




Now all you have to do is have fun and decorate.
I used a piping bag to pipe the  icing onto the cupcakes, and then I decorate with some chocolate shapes and some black sprinkles ( I don't know if how well you could see them in the pictures).

It was the first time that I baked something with beetroot in it and I was not sure at all about the result and how they were gonna turn out, but I have too say that they taste pretty good, and the frosting with the cream cheese is the perfect match for these cupcakes.







Hope you like it!
xx
Farcky's World

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento